All Ship & Cargo Surveys, Ltd. (ASCS) has been in the marine survey business in Honolulu for more than 30 years. The experience of our surveyors range from condition surveys of recreational boats to marine related cargo surveys to surveys of major fire and collision damages to large sea going vessels, and major machinery casualties. The inspection and certification of cranes by ASCS commenced in 1988.
Our firm has conducted over 4000 crane inspections. Over the years, we have also been involved in conducting ship condition/damage surveys for Lloyd’s Register of Shipping, The Salvage Association, Bureau Veritas and various world-wide steamship companies.
Based on past crane certification, marine surveying and consulting experiences, we believe that we have a definite service to offer where professionalism and thoroughness are the criteria. Our survey reports provide a complete third-party evaluation of the equipment at the time of inspection.
John P. Mihlbauer, Jr. -- Owner
John Jr. is the owner and principal surveyor for ASCS.
John P. Mihlbauer, Sr. -- Associate
John Sr. is the previous owner and surveyor of All Ship & Cargo Surveys.
Dudley Fullard-Leo -- Associate
Dudley has been working with All Ship & Cargo Surveys since the company began conducting crane surveys in the late 1980s.
Edward Thomas Mihlbauer -- Associate
Edward or Etoo has been assisting with the crane surveys for nearly five years.
Elizabeth A. Mihlbauer -- Co-Owner/Office Manager
Liz maintains all administrative operations for the business.
Members of the firm have been certified or registered to the following appointments:
- Licensed Professional Engineer
- OSHA 29 CFR 1919.50 accredited Crane Certificator and Surveyor since 1988.
- Floating Cranes and Derricks
- Shore Based Equipment
- Loose Gear and Wire Rope Testing
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME) member
- ASME B.30.24 Container Cranes Subcommittee member
- ASME B30.8 Foating Cranes and Floating Derricks Subcommittee member
- Crane Institute of America - Mobile Crane Inspector
- National Association of Marine Surveyors
- Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers
- American Society of Naval Engineers
- Lloyd's Register of Shipping
- The Salvage Assocation
- Germanischer Lloyd
- Bureau Veritas
- Bahamas Nautical Inspector
- Bureau of Maritime Affairs, The Republic of Liberia
- International Cargo Gear Bureau, Inc.